Side channel pumps are self-priming centrifugal pumps, and are in widespread use. They can attain relatively high pressures at low flow rates. They are able to intake and deliver liquids containing gases. The pump can be started even when there is no head of liquid in the intake line. The side channel stage removes the air from the intake line and generates the necessary suction to intake the liquid.
The pump used here is three-stage. As a standalone item the pump is ideal for assembly and repair projects. It can be stripped down and wearing parts can be replaced.
Learning Objectives / Experiments
- Operation of a side channel pump
- Alignment of pump and drive (with HL 962)
- Recording the pump characteristic (in the complete HL 962 system)
- Leak testing (in the complete HL 962 system)
- Planning, execution and assessment of maintenance and repair