Magnetic drive pumps are used primarily in process engineering to pump aggressive, toxic and flammable liquids.
HL 962.04 is a fully self-contained centrifugal pump with no shaft seal. It is fitted with a permanent-magnetic synchronous drive complete with clutch. Its design means it is entirely sealed tight. As a result, magnetic drive pumps are often chosen to pump highly corrosive liquids. Leakage of such liquids could result in major problems.
The viscosity of the delivered liquid is a key criterion in selecting a pump, as it determines the coupling torque to be transmitted. The torques transmitted by magnetic couplings are limited. As a result, magnetic drive pumps are not suitable for all operating conditions and media.
Learning Objectives / Experiments
- Operation of a magnetic drive pump
- Alignment of pump and drive (with HL 962)
- Recording the pump characteristic (in the complete HL 962 system)
- Leak testing (in the complete HL 962 system)
- Planning, execution and assessment of maintenance and repair operations
* Hermetic centrifugal pump according to ISO 51991 * For installation in assembly stand HL 962